Grilled Corn With Honey Ginger Barbecue Sauce·
It's hard to imagine anything better than freshly picked ears of corn roasting to golden-brown goodness on the grill. One taste of our Honey-Ginger Barbecue Sauce and you'll be wondering why you ever stuck to plain ol' butter. This sweet and tangy sauce transforms the season's staple produce into a standout, flame-kissed favorite.
- 1 1/4 cups warm Honey-Ginger Barbecue Sauce
- 16 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare Honey-Ginger Barbecue Sauce and divide equally into two bowls.
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium-high for gas); see Grilling Procedure. .
- Drizzle corn with oil on a large rimmed baking sheet, and sprinkle evenly with salt. Lightly rub oil and salt into corn.
- Oil grill rack, then grill corn (covered only if using gas), turning frequently, until lightly browned and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Move corn to different positions on grill if hot spots are present. Brush corn with some of prepared sauce and grill, turning, until sauce is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce.
•If grilling both the corn and the Grilled Shrimp with Honey-Ginger Barbecue Sauce grill the corn first, then keep it warm on a tray loosely covered with foil. If you are using hardwood charcoal, you don't want more than about 1 layer of charcoal for the corn because more will cause it to burn before it cooks through. When the corn is done, add more charcoal to grill the shrimp.
- Carbohydrates77 g(26%)
- Fat6 g(9%)
- Protein9 g(17%)
- Saturated Fat1 g(3%)
- Sodium693 mg(29%)
- Polyunsaturated Fat2 g
- Fiber7 g(30%)
- Monounsaturated Fat3 g
Menus & Tags
Tags:VegetableSideFourth of JulyVegetarianKid-FriendlyQuick & EasyBackyard BBQCornSummerGrillGrill/BarbecueGourmetVeganPescatarianDairy FreeWheat/Gluten-FreePeanut FreeTree Nut FreeSoy FreeNo Sugar AddedKosher